The car can be collected on arrival at Kasane International Airport, Johannesburg International Airport or Windhoek International Airport Namibia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please kindly see the full equipment list sent with your quotation or when selecting the vehicle type on our website.
Full GPS and infotainment system
You are free to take the car across all Nature Reserves from, Kasane, Botswana, Namibia, and Southern Africa.
We do not permit towing.
We allow travel in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia Malawi
The Essentials to know
Your insurance does not cover water crossing more than 300mm deep
- Check the depth of the water if possible and the bottom. Is this soft or rocky? Are there any holes that you could get stuck in?
- Work out a path to follow, If possible watch someone else go first!
- Reduce tyre pressure for grip.
- Go in slowly and cross slowly and steadily (less than walking pace) If the water looks like it will be above the wheel hubs consider not crossing at all.
- Make sure you are in full 4WD.
- Have your windows down so you can exit the 4×4 if something does go wrong – though you shouldn’t be in water anywhere near that deep!
- Once you are in, accelerate gently and maintain a steady pace to create a bow wave.
- Avoid changing gear if possible. This can let water into the clutch plates and increase slip. If there is a problem
If there is a problem, say, you get stuck…
- This is very, very unlikely if you follow the rules above, but if you do – just keep the engine running. This stops water entering the engine from the exhaust end.
- If you stall, restart the engine and move on. Sometimes that might mean backing up before going forward again or finding another way.
- If you do get stuck, say in a hole you can’t get out of, stay with the vehicle and await help. If it’s too much for the vehicle, it’s certainly much too much for you. You will find other people will be generally happy to help out.
- And of course, the Chobe4x4 team are just a phone call away if you need, and can answer all your questions when you pick up your 4×4 vehicle from us at the start of your trip.
Yes you will need to have a Visa or MasterCard credit card in order for us to place a hold for any security deposits on the day of collection.
We do not accept Diners or American express credit cards, we only accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
23 years of age
7 days is our minimum but exceptions can be made on request.
Still have a question? Ask us.Contact Us