What you need to know!
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where will I collect the vehicle?
The car can be collected on arrival at Maun or Kasane international airports, Botswana. We do not rent in South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
Will we be supplied with towels, sleeping bags etc.?
Please kindly see the full equipment list sent with your quotation or when selecting the vehicle type on our website.
What will be supplied with the vehicle package?
AM/FM & CD
Gas Cooker Top
Full GPS and infotainment system
Table and two chairs
Where can we take the vehicle?
You are free to take the car across all Nature Reserves in Botswana and Zambia.
Does the vehicle have a Tow bar?
We do not permit towing.
Where are we allowed to go?
Can we hunt?
THE COMPANY IS OPPOSED TO HUNTING IN ALL AND ANY FORMS.
The killing of any and all fauna and flora in any forms whatsoever is legal and or illegal, and as such reserves, the right to cancel this contract and all reclaim charges against the Hirer or passengers of the hired vehicle that transgress the above. The company reserves the right to lay criminal charges against the Hirer and or any passenger of the hired vehicle should the hire transgress any Environmental laws of Botswana. Please note that members of any hunting society, club, or individual will not be approved for renting the vehicles from the company.
What if we need to cross water?
1. Check the depth of the water if possible and the bottom. Is this soft or rocky? Are there any holes that you could get stuck in?
2. Work out a path to follow, If possible watch someone else go first!
3. Reduce your tyre pressure for grip.
4. Go in slowly and cross slowly and steadily (less than walking pace) If the water looks like it will be above the wheel hubs consider not crossing at all.
5. Make sure you are in full 4WD.
6. Have your windows down so you can exit the 4×4 if something does go wrong – though you shouldn’t be in water anywhere near that deep!
7. Once you are in, accelerate gently and maintain a steady pace to create a bow wave.
8. Avoid changing gear if possible. This can let water into the clutch plates and increase slip.
If there is a problem, say, you get stuck…
1. This is very, very unlikely if you follow the rules above, but if you do – just keep the engine running. This stops water from entering the engine from the exhaust end.
2. If you stall, restart the engine and move on. Sometimes that might mean backing up before going forward again or finding another way.
3. If you do get stuck, say in a hole you can’t get out of, stay with the vehicle, and await help. If it’s too much for the vehicle, it’s certainly much too much for you. You will find other people will be generally happy to help out.
4. And of course, the Chobe4x4 team is just a phone call away if you need, and can answer all your questions when you pick up your 4×4 vehicle from us at the start of your trip.
Must I have a credit card to rent with you?
Yes you will need to have a Visa or MasterCard credit card in order for us to place a hold for any security deposits on the day of collection.
Do you accept Diners or American Express credit cards?
We do not accept Diners or American Express credit cards, we only accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
What is the minimum rental age?
23 years of age
What is the minimum rental period?
7 days is our minimum but exceptions can be made on request.
Book the trip of a lifetime now
About Chobe 4×4
Exploring Southern Africa by 4×4 gives you the opportunity to take the back roads and experience the African sub-continent in its full glory. Chobe4x4 is there to assist you, not only with your safari vehicle rental, but also with current information on the road conditions, the best places to overnight, up to date maps, and also advice on what to see and do, and we also offer you 24-hour backup assistance.